2015 Global Megatrends in Cybersecurity
The Ponemon Institute has published the "2015 Global Megatrends in Cybersecurity".
Sponsored by Raytheon Company, the aim of this research is to understand the big trends or changes that will impact the security posture of organizations in both the public and private sector in the next three years.
Moreover, the study looks at the next generation of protocols and practices as the cybersecurity field evolves and matures.
According to the findings, the following reasons are why the cyber security posture of organizations are projected to improve over the next three years:
- Cyber intelligence will become more timely and actionable.
- More funding will be made available to invest in people and technologies.
- Technologies will become more effective in detecting and responding to cyber threats.
- More staffing will be available to deal with the increasing frequency of attacks.
- Employee-related risks will decline.
Following are the reasons why the cyber security posture of organizations might decline:
- Inability to hire and retain expert staff.
- Lack of actionable and timely intelligence.
- Employee-related risks might not be reduced.
- A lack of funding will prevent appropriate investments in people and technologies.
- Technologies that address the specific cyber threats to the organization will not be available.
Click on the link below to read the research:
martedì 17 marzo 2015